Sunday, November 19, 2006

Plans

¡Hola amigos!

This Monday marks the last week classes for me at the U, and I will be completely done with school by Thursday. My plans for after the semester are as follows. Saturday the 25th I fly south to the town of Punta Arenas, in the far south of Chilean Patagonia. It is very close to the southernmost part of the world: Tierra del Fuego. I will be traveling with Jeff, a friend from my program, and during our two and a half weeks in the far south we plan do do a serious amount of trekking. As of now our tentative plans are to hike the Circuit through Parque Nacional Torres del Paine which is a six or seven day loop around the park. From all accounts, the park contains some of the most stunning and beautiful landscape in the world. Any google search for "Torres del Paine" will turn up good photos and websites for those who would like to know more. After that we will head northeast into Argentina and do another loop through "Parque Nacional Los Glaciares" which is also said to be stunning. Time depending we may have time to see some other sights as well, but this being South America one can never be too sure. On the 12th of December I fly back to Valparaíso for a quick 3 day goodbye and then I fly to the good old US of A on an overnight flight that leaves the 15th. I will arrive in Colorado on the morning of the 16th.

That said, blog entries from may become a little bit more scarce. When I have access to a computer I will certainly try to post at least a short update on our progress. However, a large blog complete with photos of the trip south may not appear until December, at which point I can promise the most extravagant entry yet.

Don't tune out completely though because at some point Kelsey will post her entry (when she does post it, it will appear somewhere between the entry of "Buenos Freaking Aires" and "Valle del Elqui", I believe). Also see the recent addition of "Gringos in Pucón".

I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving and a for those of you in school, a strong finish in your classes. The next time we'll talk it will be from the southernmost part of the world, and until then:

ya me voy,
Andrius.

No comments: